Chris Colfer signs book deal


Chris Colfer has signed a book deal.
The 21-year-old Glee actor who plays gay character Kurt Hummel in the musical TV series has put pen to paper on a two-year deal with Little, Brown Books for Young Readers to write children’s novel The Land of Stories, which he has wanted to do since he was a boy.
“When I was 10 years old, I promised myself that if I ever had the opportunity to write this book, I would jump at the chance,” he said.
“This book has been at the core of my imagination for a long time and I’m excited and nervous to share it.”
The novel which is for kids aged between eight and 12 will follow the adventures of twins Alex and Connor Bailey, whose world combines a mix of fairytales and modern elements.
It is due to be released in 2012, and an as-yet untitled follow-up to the novel has also been confirmed.
Megan Tingley, Senior Vice-President and publisher of Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, said, “Chris is a remarkable talent, whose writing combines all the qualities kids love memorable characters, heart-pounding adventure, in a setting filled with wonder, intrigue and enchantment.”
Chris is also writing a pilot for the Disney Channel, which is based on a kid’s book by Florence Laughlin.

Popular Posts

Sneha Unseen Hot Pics

Malavika Unseen Hot Pics