Quincy Jones 'I will never retire'


Legendary music producer Quincy Jones has vowed that he will never retire.
Despite spending decades creating hits for stars like Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, and Ray Charles, Jones has claimed that he's not interested in stepping away from the music industry even as his 80th birthday approaches. 
"I'm 78 and I've still got a lot of energy and I want to do what my dreams are, which is to see people come together across the barriers… I'll slow down when I die," he told Reuters.
Jones admitted, however, that losing so many of the great artists he's worked with over the decades has been quite painful.
"Sinatra, Ray Charles, Billy Eckstine, Ella Fitzgerald - all gone," he lamented. "How do you think I feel? I've lost 188 friends, man, in less than 15 years… It hurts. It just doesn't stop."
Jones has amassed nearly a dozen US No.1 solo albums on the jazz charts aside from his work crafting tracks for other artists.
In March, Jones was honoured alongside James Taylor with the 2010 US National Medal of Arts in a ceremony held at the White House.
Recently Jones has declared that he "doesn't think much" about Kanye West.
In an interview with US, the producer claimed that he and West are very different.
When told that the two are similar as they are both in-demand music producers, Jones responded: "How man? No way. Did he write for a symphony orchestra? Does he write for a jazz orchestra? 
"Come on, man. He's just a rapper. There's no comparison. I'm not putting him down or making a judgement or anything, but we come from two different sides of the planet."
Jones added: "I don't think about him much. He's a great rapper, but there are a lot of good rappers."

Popular Posts

Sneha Unseen Hot Pics

Nayantara Unseen Hot Pics